No two people are alike, so why should your prescriptions be the same?
Strawberry Hills Pharmacy specializes in pharmacy compounding, the art and science of preparing customized medications.
Compounding provides solutions to many common prescription drug problems such as allergies to drug elements, sensitivity to drug strength, difficulty swallowing or simply patient preferences. If you aren’t seeing results or think you need a change, ask your healthcare provider if compounding is right for you. With a doctor’s consent, one of our compounding pharmacists will work with you to make a medication that meets your needs and wants.
Is It Safe?
Compounding is completely safe. It has been used by pharmacies since the beginning, but its recent resurgence is due to years of research and continued practice and the advances in technology. The Food and Drug Administration says compounding is both ethical and legal as long as the medications are prescribed by a certified compounder by a licensed pharmacy.
Compounded prescriptions can be personalized for:
- Strengths (milligrams, micrograms, grams)
- Ingredients to accommodate allergies or other sensitivities: gluten, sugar, lactose, preservatives and dyes
Other reasons that people turn to compounding:
- Medication upsets stomach
- Pill is too difficult to swallow
- Want to take less medication, lose track of pills taken
- A need for a different dosage than what is available
- Reluctance to take pill such as children and pets
We provide medical compounding services for:
- Bioidentical Hormone Providers
- Hospice Care Professionals
- Pain Management Specialists